Alameda County -- July is the month for adventure so each week we will offer ideas for an afternoon adventure in the Bay Area. This week's day trip is in Alameda County!
A truly East Bay experience all within a few blocks from BART. We love BART's commitment to cost-effective sustainability, access and equity.
Take the BART to the Oakland Museum of California where you can learn all about the history of California. Nearby you'll find a children's museum and a museum of science, all three of which are highly ranked as "things to do" in Oakland. Click Here to get $2 OFF one general adult admission at the Oakland Museum of California!
After spending a few hours at the museum complex, head over to Saturn Café and enjoy high quality food from a reputable, respectable, and politically well-informed establishment. All ingredients used at Saturn Café are top quality organics from local farms. Click Here to get 20% OFF your entire purchase at Saturn Café!
After a late lunch, head over to Pegasus Books in Berkeley and meander your way through the stacks. While you are there, get inspired by this excerpt from Pegasus manifesto:
- We believe in the printed word and in the alchemy of handing the printed word to others.
- We curate a collection of 300,000 worldviews, give or take. We offer this collection for review free of charge.
- We believe in free speech and freedom of expression.
- We will always be a welcoming and inclusive neighborhood space.
- We are booksellers. We are also poets, musicians, actors, bakers, writers, parents, athletes, directors, impresarios, entrepreneurs, artists, skaters, board members, rock climbers, readers. We are here because we choose to be.
Pegasus Books, since 1969