Sustainable Business Accounts Manager, Northern California Region
Posting date: June 14, 2016
At Chinook Book we believe a vibrant local economy happens when good people connect to good businesses. Chinook Book makes buying local and sustainable easy and fun and helps people act on their values. We are seeking a dynamic person to fill the role of Sustainable Business Accounts Manager for the East Bay area. The person in this position develops and manages key relationships with local merchants to help them grow their business through Chinook Book. Would friends and co-workers describe you as outgoing? Do you love working with purpose-driven people and helping them reach their goals? If so, this position may be for you.
- Sales of Chinook Book mobile and print advertising products to local, sustainable businesses based in the East Bay area; through face-to-face meetings in the region with local business owners and marketing decision makers;
- Prospect new merchants;
- Outreach to larger businesses and organizations in the region; using a consultative approach, creating mutually beneficial partnerships leveraging the Chinook Book platform;
- Collaborate with our Bay Area team on market-wide initiatives, including promotions and cross-channel sales;
- Collaborate with sales and outreach colleagues in our other markets to leverage successful strategies and new product and promotion development;
- Provide excellent, consultative sales and customer service;
- Keep up to date with current sustainability product trends and show knowledge and enthusiasm for promoting local and sustainable businesses.
- Proven experience and success setting and achieving sales goals;
- 2+ years sales or community outreach experience;
- Highly-motivated, collaborative, outgoing, positive, confident, respectful personality;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Comfortable developing relationships over the phone and face-to-face and working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- BA or BS degree preferred;
- Experience using Word and Excel and 30 words per minute keyboarding ability, Salesforce or other CRM system experience a plus;
- A basic understanding and strong interest in sustainability issues;
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Ability to lift 30-lb boxes of books;
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle required.
This is a full-time, salaried position with bonus potential. Celilo Group Media offers a competitive benefits package including health (medical, dental, complementary care), retirement and paid time off. Please email letter of interest, resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com.