Posting Date: September 30, 2016
At Chinook Book we believe a vibrant local economy happens when good people connect to good businesses. We are seeking a creative, detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Marketing Manager at our headquarters in Portland. This position manages marketing operations for the company, particularly for our Chinook Book app. A successful Marketing Manager must be an excellent, detail-oriented communicator, interacting equally with both internal and external stakeholders to create happy customers and drive results for the company's key products. Fundamentally, the Marketing Manager is the primary voice of Chinook Book in all of our communications, so finding the right tone that balances smarts with cleverness and keeping communications fresh and interesting will be important. Do you love working with purpose-driven people? Would friends and co-workers describe you as both organized and outgoing? Are you passionate about sustainability? If so, this position may be for you.
- Marketing operations management (60%)
- Help design and execute an ideal user experience for Chinook Book app users, with a focus on visual and written communication;
- Plan, write copy for and execute digital campaigns, promotions, and communications to Chinook Book app users, particularly email campaign management;
- Coordinate and/or complete graphic design of marketing materials, primarily working with our graphic design team but also doing some limited design projects yourself;
- Management of needed vendors, consultants and freelancers, including solicitation of estimates as appropriate;
- Reporting to the management team on marketing operations plans, timelines, and results.
- Product development and market research (25%)
- Serve as a key member of the digital product team, providing insights and recommendations to product managers to inform future product direction and features in all product lines, including mobile apps, web site and our internal systems;
- User research and testing of new products, including coordinating user surveys and research to capture feedback on new products and features;
- Data analysis (15%)
- Continuously track and analyze performance of all marketing activities, including email, sale promotions and user activity and engagement;
- Provide insights and recommendations on how to refine tactics and strategies that drive engagement and new user acquisition.
Requirements and Skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to deliver high-quality service to a range of internal and external partners;
- Ability to analyze complex data and improve existing programs based on findings;
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial while remaining collaborative, solution-oriented, outgoing, positive and respectful;
- Proven success setting and achieving goals and meeting deadlines;
- Minimum 2 years work experience in marketing;
- BA or BS degree required, ideally in the liberal arts with extensive writing experience;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Comfortable developing relationships over the phone and face-to-face in a fast-paced environment;
- iPhone or Android smartphone user;
- Demonstrated interested in sustainability;
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Preferred: experience using Google Docs, Mailchimp, Squarespace, and PhotoShop/Affinity Designer
Finally, this position thrives on enthusiasm for learning new skills and tackling new ideas, while at the same time measuring effectiveness and making adjustments. If you have new ideas, we will want to hear them.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The annual salary range is $45-60k based on experience. Medical and dental benefits begin the first of the month following 90 days of employment. All Chinook Book employees have the option to participate in the company retirement plan after two years of employment. We offer generous paid time off, flexible hours and the opportunity to work with a growing and innovative company. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celilo Group Media, publisher of Chinook Book, is a certified B Corporation with a mission of expanding the marketplace for sustainable products. For more information about our company please visit about.chinookbook.com.